Sunday, March 05, 2006

Funny thing, Saturday proved to be an even longer day...

So we got up at 4:45am (yes people get up at this time, dumb) so we could be to the bus barn by 6:00am. I don't even get up for work till 6:30am, anyway, we headed down the road and bus pulls off at AMPM. I was hoping something wasn't wrong. Erin gets off the bus, runs to my car (I drove in case we needed to run errands, get food, etc.) and says she needs a energy drink and so does the bus driver.... oh good grief. Might as well join the crowd, I got an AMP. 20 minutes later we roll into town. It's cold. ***Note if my hands are numb and red, it's damn cold, End Note.*** We have the girls constantly running back and forth, I have the pitchers bundled up and constantly moving. I wanted to give them an extra long warm up, this is the weather when injuires arise.

The game began at 8:00am and we were strong for it being so early and cold. By the 3rd inning we were up 7-2, a few errors and it was 7-5, another rough inning and we were now down 7-8. The Blue came up and said this would be our last ups because there were only 5 minutes left. Softball Gods were on our side... our batters up, spots 2, 3 and 4. You can't ask for anything better. Our shortstop came up got on, on an error. By our 4th batter, we had won. The girls stole smart. We had one out and our pitcher came up to hit right back at the pitcher who bobbled the ball, scoring the girl on 3rd. Great game...

Next game was at 11:30am, pretty tough mountain girls, we played smart and hard but we couldn't get our bats working and they did. Really proud of the girls, we're really coming together, in all aspects. We sat around for a few hours and watched some other teams in our league, watched the beginning of the championship game. I could sit around for hours and watch softball games. We left at 4:00pm, got home to running doggies, took them to my moms and then stopped by a surprise party. We were leaving when a voicemail popped up from our friends. They had bought a tv and couldn't fit it in their car and wondered if we had access to a truck. It was about 7:00pm at this time. We were sunburned, tired and full. I made a call and we headed back to my parents to pick up my cousins truck. We were at Best Buy at 7:30pm. No one can say no to good friends and we're always happy to help. We finally got home about 9:45pm and were a sleep by 10:00pm. 10 hours later and we're awake. What a day...

No comments: