Thursday, March 09, 2006

Basically "everything YOU know as a coach... is wrong."

So we had a game yesterday against a team that is in a league above ours. The umpires in said game can bite my ass. Yes I was the epitome of a well behaved, well mannered, take it up the ass kind of coach however today... I let it all out. I walk up to the field to be immediately approached by our catcher who looked very pissed with her two braids on either side of her head. "HE said if I hit him with my mask that it's un-sportsmanlike behavior and I can get thrown out." My response was simply, "huh?" The girls assume I know everything of all beings as soon as I walk into a situation. So then I started getting the run down from everyone, including Rader.

Apparently, this umpire didn't find our catchers' enthusiasm behind the plate as comical as everyone else. We were picked on about, where we (as coaches) were on the field, taking too long in between pitches, our underarmor not matching, our girls yelling inappropriate things at the other team, the catcher hitting him with her mask when she threw it behind her, etc, etc, etc.

Alright, so maybe Rader abused her walking/pacing room on the 3rd base line one time but to charge us a time out was just petty and stupid. We didn't take any longer in between pitches than the other team. No one f'ing told us about the underarmor or we would have taken care of it already. But this one is the last straw, the thing about the inappropriate comments against the other team is horse shit. That is purely a personal attack on me. I am the biggest advocate of only making comments, cheers, remarks toward your own team and they all better be positive or GOD help you all. I have no problem stopping the girls in mid cheer if I think it's inappropriate and apologizing to the coach in the middle of a game and in front of everyone. I WILL NOT allow such comments to be made, EVER. So that guy can take "what he heard" and shove it up his ass and if he has any problems, I have a bat that I will be more than happy to help him with.

Regardless of all this, oh yeah, we won bitches... 8-2

No comments: