Thursday, December 27, 2012

Work out to work it out

I really do love going to the gym.  For multiple reasons actually.
1) I am making a better me *yay*
2) I get to listen to music *double yay*
3) It kind of clears all the 'icky' out of my day.
4) Nothing else exists once I start my workout, makes for some really peaceful time.

The holidays typically take me away from the gym; between baking, craft shows, shopping and visiting, it just gets pushed back further and further.  I worked for 12 hours today and it was frustrating as all hell.  I wanted to eat a cheeseburger, fries, pizza, donuts, candy, anything to "calm me down." I recognized it VERY quickly.  I had no idea it was THAT bad though.  As soon as I figured out that I was going to need 2-3 more days to finish and get in order, I really started to panic.  I guess my body wanted to feel better so it immediately went to craving anything to give me some good endorphins.  Pretty sad, right?  I ate my "bad" snacks that I had brought to get me through and drank A LOT of water to try to fill myself up.  I'd really like to run the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon next January-2014.  In fairy wings and glitter actually.  I think I can do it.  First things first though, got to clean up and clean out and I'll begin the running part by mid February. 

So there I was walking in the gym at 8:15pm (after my 12 hour day) walking away. I finished  my 2 hour walk, now on to pack for Disney :)

No comments: