Friday, December 14, 2012

Limited Only by My Self Now

A friend posted on my FB wall a picture of a Bright Pink framed poster "Keep Calm and Eat A Cupcake." I immediately thought, "My next kitchen should be based on this very picture." That happens a lot in decorating.  People find some random piece that they MUST have and build an entire theme/room in the house around it.  I started thinking of my black mixer on the counter with a pink cover sewn over it to keep the dust off.  How some spratic pink tiles along black granite would be really cute.  Some painted cupcakes along the tops of the cupboards or the counters as decor.  And so on.

I'm no longer limited to my thinking of how she'll react or she'll just say no.  I use glitter again and I wipe it on my face because it's fun and I love it!  I can listen to what ever music I want and not feel like I'm getting judged.  I can bake things and not feel guilty about it.  I already have more things up in the living room at my dads than I did in her house.  All these things, I must not forget.  I'm tired of things being so one sided and not at all.

I'm going to buy that Bright Pink Picture because it's going to be my reminder of what I want and that I am only as limited as I limit myself.

No comments: