Friday, December 21, 2012

Words to Live By

"Learn to appreciate what you have before time makes you realize what you had."
 
 
I think a lot of times we bring on our own demise. The world moves quickly. Trends, people, desires, material wants, so many people spend time looking ahead at what they 'want' and then focusing on what they 'had.'  The sad part is so many are missing and enjoying what they 'have.'  Being a girl of the 21st century and running around like I'm 3 people, I've been given an ability to slow my thoughts down enough to appreciate what I do have nowadays.  In the oddest of ways I've been given a lot of insight on how to live.  I've got a lot of self work to do.  I believe I'm going to discover a lot about myself.  It's exciting and scary but what is living a life of comfort and not going after something or being comfortable complaining and being miserable all the time? No, thanks.
 
 
My 'have' list is growing daily. Holding anger? Nope. Blaming others for things gone awry? Not this girl, they are learning experiences now.  Every adventure, every experience is a way to grow.
 
 
No one said it would be easy, scoff if you will, just shows your true self.  Are you appreciating what you 'have?'

No comments: