Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Vacation pt. 1

Finishing up day 2 of my grand, merry holiday of 4 days off and I'm pretty tired.  As the holidays come and go, I can't help but instantly think of my mom.  I have no idea how she got the entire front yard covered in eleventy billion lights, transformed the inside of the house into Hallmark, shopped for our (very) large family, baked nightly, worked, went to gym, kept the yard work up, cleaned the house and still made time to golf.  If I didn't know better, I'd swear she was a robot or 3 people.  I've been accused of such things in my life time but now that I see what doesn't get done during the holidays, I have no idea how she did it.  I have a Turtle (which is deceiving within herself because she is FAR from slow) that helps me all the time and we get a lot done but we still don't have the tree up and have hung up like 2 wooden signs :)  Hey, we did the best we could with working nightly out at BARC.  We finished our holiday shopping in one day.  Took us a few hours longer than planned but the upside is we decided to treat ourselves to a movie.  We will watch Jack Reacher in a couple hours.  And eat popcorn, lots and lots of popcorn <- about="about" always="always" excited="excited" is="is" notion.="notion." p="p" this="this">
No Disneyland trip this weekend but hopefully next weekend.  I'm enjoying the season but as with any holiday anymore, it's bittersweet.  Thankful as ever for the wonderful people in my life.  Really looking forward to the new year, new beginnings, new friends, love and living whimsically.  Off to get ready...
tomorrow brings shopping for Christmas dinner, regular groceries, picking up a few other things, making Sunday dinner and closing out BARC. Yikes.  I'm tired just thinking about it.

No comments: