Sunday, December 25, 2005

Carb loading for my day.

Eating, shopping, a garage door is installed and wrapping! Full day but more important, fufilling. We went to Molly J's for breakfast, mmmm. I ordered chicken fried steak and eggs, toast and pancakes. I didn't finish it all, shopping with bricks in your stomach, not a good idea. I headed out at about 10:00am and finished up and arrived home around 2:30pm.

I went to 9 stores. I think 4ish hours is good. I even got my car washed, Atomic Betty is clean! Poor car has been through the ringer. I then got the call as I was almost home... we need nuts and plumbers tape, can you go to Lowe's.... ewww. Nothing like getting lost in a warehouse, you all know the commercials, you know what I'm talking about. Luck was on my side. I walked in and the isle in front of me was nuts and bolts. Easy enough, now to find a sales associate to find plumbers tape. Hopefully, I won't find someone who started 2 days ago and works with wood. I ran into 2 people who were helping a couple with paint. The girl asked what I was looking for and walked right down the isle we were next to and picked up tape and asked "10ft or 25ft." Good thing for cell phones. With a one quick ring, I was on my way out the door. Yay for Lowes. My dad and uncle were installing a garage door for us. YAY for not having to open the garage door in the rain anymore! It is a Merry Christmas indeed.

Now, I had to wrap. Erin was going to do a family thing, my dad took the dogs with him so I had no excuses. I made some tamales for dinner and had a ginger ale... mmm. Yummy Christmas Eve dinner for me all by myself. I ate a couple Christmas chocolates and got going. I watched Elf till the 24 hours of a Christmas Story started at 8:00pm. Erin got home at 10:00pm and ruined my mojo by turning off a Christmas Story and playing a video game. Wrapping wasn't as much fun listening to people dying in the background. Who knew I'd be wrapping till 11:30pm and dropping gifts off at friends' homes after that. I'm going to bed and falling a sleep to Ralphie writing a theme about his longing for a gun and beating up Flick, it's 1:30am. I love this goofy movie.

Merry Christmas Eve... well I guess I can just say Merry Christmas now.

No comments: