Monday, January 25, 2010

Weigh In Results & the Beach

So we had a 2 week break in between weigh ins.  I wanted a double digit but didn't get it.  I'm learning those shorter workouts do effect the results.  Not that my loss was small but it was a little off what I wanted.  I had a 7.2lb loss, pretty proud of that but I need to step it up this week.

After weigh in, we headed to the beach with the Mortimer.  We picked her up, grabbed Subway (thank goodness for Subways everywhere) and were down the road.  It was a beautiful drive, the sun was out and it was nice to be on the road.  We were packed with lots of snacks and water.  I have to admit I was a little nervous about the trip.  Lex and I have been strictly work, gym, sleep, rinse & repeat.  We go to my parents twice a week (my mom preps us healthy meals).  That's about the extent of what we do.  So going away from all of our 'safe' food did make me a little anxious.  Since we were going to the beach I figured some fresh, not fried, seafood would be great... just no 'chips.'  I love steamed veggies and salads anyway.  I was going to splurge on a Diet Coke (which did bite me in the ass later, explanation to follow). 

We drove around that corner and headed to the outlets and decided to work our way back.  We happened to pick a good weekend, most of the outlets were having 50% off there already clearance items (which was more than you would think).  So Morti ended up getting a nice Volcom shirt for $1.63.  She won the frugal prize for sure :)  We walked around and shopped for about 3 hours and then decided to head down toward the beach shops.  Once we got there, we were hungry and went to Pier Side to eat outside on the deck and look at the ocean.  It was great.  I ended up with a Hula Chicken grilled sandwich that was AWESOME.  I had most everything put on the side and got a salad, it was great.  We did really well and learned a lot about being very specific when ordering.  Bonus: At the end of the day after adding everything up, I was still 350 calories short for the day :)   Yay for good planning.

We went to our favorite game store, I found Blue Crush for $5 which is awesome and we looked around for awhile.  Went to Urban Outfitters and I found a camera that I really wanted but just didn't want to spend the money for it.  Good thing, when I came home and looked it up on Ebay, I got it for $25 cheaper :)

All n all, it was an awesome day.  We had a lot of fun walking around and just enjoying the gorgegous day.  It's always nice to spend time with friends... The Great Steak & Cheese day of 2010 will live on.  <-- Explanation: Morti ended up basically having steak & cheese for every meal that day, lunch was a little different but it was just wrapped up a little different.

I had 2 Diet Cokes at 4:pm.  At 1:30am, I still couldn't fall a sleep.  I do not drink sodas at all so I paid for that dearly, around 3:30am I finally fell a sleep and I was awake by 8:30am :p

No comments: