Monday, January 18, 2010

The Weekend

So ready to be done with ratings.  I wish yesterday had been the last day like usual.  The last set is this Wednesday but with the doom of all the rain this week that is quite unlikely.  As we speak, I'm sure the fields are already under water.  It would be nice to actually have a Wednesday off.

Saturday started off with getting my smog done on my car since it was due on Saturday :)  Then we ran to subway to get the Western Omelet English Muffin sandwich and I have to say that was 180 of the best breakfast/protein calories I've had 'to go.'  Then off to ratings till 1:pm.  Headed home to shower and relax.  Lexi and I took a little nap, it was awesome.  Packed up the Wii, some ingredients for dinner and then headed to mom & dads.  I made a cream cheese/salsa stuffed chicken, some rinsed black beans and fresh green beans... mmm yummy!  Lex made an 'ice box' cake with layers of sugar free vanilla and chocolate pudding, low fat graham crackers and bananas.  That was 200 calories well spent at 4 layers of pure goodness.  My parents & cousin decided to splurge a little so we had to smell mozzarella sticks cooking and orange chicken.  It took a lot of 'mind over matter' to keep my hand from reaching in that pan and even grabbing one little piece but I never gave in and I'm really proud of myself. 

We played some Wii Play games, Mario cart and boom blox... my dad won!  On round 4 he knocked over the towers for a 22,000 pt shot and basically killed us.  It was awesome.  We left around 11:pm to head to the grocery store, got home a little after midnight and flopped into bed.

Ratings again (oops we overslept) but got there just as the 1st group was finishing up so I made it with about 5 minutes to spare!  Not quite as busy but we finished up right around 1:00pm.  Ran to Target and Costco to get some stuff for the house and then headed home to pack up and head to the gym.  We only got a 45 minute workout in because I forgot the gym closed at 5:pm.  Headed to mom & dad's again for tacos and then we basically laid on the couch and dozed in and out of sleep all evening.

I can tell that week 2 wasn't as successful as week 1 but I know that is expected.  Looking forward to having a very productive week at the gym.  I'm hoping the rain will detour others from going out.  I'll take any advantage I can get :)

1 comment:

Spintari said...

Yay Boom Blox! Keep on truckin' AJ! =)