Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Help

Lucky enough we have some very good supporters of our efforts in losing weight: My parents.  Now don't get me wrong, Alix's parents are also very supportive.  After all, her mom is the one who sent us the check to pay for this contest and buy our new shoes for gym :)  My parents just happen to be on the side of providing healthy meals too.  Sunday nights have been somewhat altered but are still in tact and the house is loaded with healthy food and snacks.  It's awesome!  We have also added Tuesday night dinners and then we go work out afterward while watching the biggest loser from 8 to around 9:30pm.

My mom wants to lose about 15lbs and my dad wants to get back in shape so they don't mind doing this at all.  It's all food they are going to eat anyway and they know how expensive healthy food is so they are happy to help us out.

I'm grateful for all the support we are getting.  It's only making this easier and keeping me more determined.  I just need to push myself harder at gym.  My muscles don't feel as tired as I know they should.  After last weeks mini session with the trainer, I know I'm capable of much more.  I just have to put things in perspective while I'm at the gym.

Last night was a good start.  We walked for 45 minutes, always with a minimum incline of 3 and at least 2.7 speed.  I'm trying to make it faster but that bone spur in my heal makes that a little tricky.  Then did 15 minutes on the elliptical which is FINALLY getting easier.  I was bummed that we had already worked out an hour and it was time to go.  Tuesdays are definitely my favorite nights to workout, they go REALLY fast. :)

No comments: