Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Art of Amour... literally.

There is a last minute call to artists for an upcoming show.  By last minute, I mean it's suppose to be hung next Friday and the drop is next Wednesday.  I've been missing art so this will be a good kick start to some stuff I've been wanting to do anyway.

Yesterday I was in the middle of typing reports and all of the sudden I stopped and reached for a piece of blank paper and started doodling a few rough sketches of some stuff I wanted to do.  I'm pretty excited and what ever I finish this weekend is what I get done.  I'm not going to stress about not finishing every idea I have.  I haven't had anything displayed anywhere in awhile so YAY!

I'm not limiting myself to just canvas or photo paper either. I'm thinking some mixed media is necessary for this "LOVE" show.  Hearts? Paper? Beads? Gems?  A montage of all these things?  Who knows... we'll just have to wait and see :)

No comments: