Thursday, January 07, 2010

Making decisions

So as previous January's, I am doing ratings for a local softball group.  They have added, yet another, day to the rating schedule.  We're up to 7 days total now.  When I first started doing this, it was 4.  I am in charge of rating every pitcher and catcher that goes through there.  From 8 to 15 years old.  It's a process.  A quick one now that I perfected it and know the levels expected at each age group.  They get a little more competitive the younger they are... it's almost crazy.

Last nights festivities involved me rating a few girls in the cold, cold air.  Being sick, probably not my best idea but I did it anyway, then went to the gym afterward.  I feel like I want to die today.  I just need sleep and a lot of it.  Weigh in is in 2 days and I need to lose a good amount.  I'll be devastated if I get booted in the first weekend.  I'll be glad when these ratings are over, my weekends will be so much better.

Eating is tricky on a schedule like the one we have right now.  Thankfully, subway is a savior and it really is about what you choose to put in your mouth.  Food is Fuel and nothing else.  We don't need french fries or double bacon cheeseburgers.  We need fuel to help our bodies move effectivly.  The one thing you have to watch when eating out, healthy or not is sodium  Processed foods, the more I read, are gnarly full of sodium and sugars.  Think about what goes in your mouth and what its actually doing to your body.  You may not enjoy it as much as you think you do.  Time for rest :)

No comments: