Saturday, January 02, 2010

Hello 2010

So 2009 was good.  Hopefully, Alix and I can make 2010 great.  Happenings in 2009 should lead to the greatness that will be 2010.  Alix has gotten a big kid job and is succeeding at it quite well as she is on to her 2nd promotion and is now full time.  I couldn't be any prouder of her than I already am.  Catching up from all the bills of when we were struggling will take some time but that's okay.  We'll work it out, we always do.

Cake decorating & baking is awesome.  It was all consuming and as with most things I start it was my complete passion and there wasn't much else.  I'm still looking for things I want to try and any reason to bake but it's slightly on hold for now.  We have our biggest commitment yet.  We are in a contest to be the biggest loser in Bakersfield.

In December I started cutting things out to make January 2nd not seem too bad.  I can't imagine going through caffeine withdrawals, eating healthy, no fast food, very little sugar and no sodas from one day to the next.  It made the transition really easy and for once, I planned ahead and it did pay off like I hoped.  So most of my posts will be about this journey/adventure and the trials to get from my current weight to 199 as soon as I can.  I really have no idea the last time I was under 200 but my best guesstimate is 1997, give or take a year.

All those weird feelings and the tiredness, that was all the crap I was eating.  I know better.  I really do.  I'm sad I let this happen but I'm not dwelling on it, I'm just fixing it and moving onward and upward.  Wish me luck :)

No comments: