Monday, July 21, 2008

The One Where My God Daughter Grew Up...

So my bestest friend of 17 years (holy shit that's a long time) moved to Oklahoma in January of this year and with her went my God Daughter, Kaley Ann. Kaley is and probably will be the closest thing I ever have to a child. I cared for her a lot the first 2 years of her life so we have an extremely special bond. She spent a lot of time with me over the years growing up as well. Kristin did very well with her as a single mommy and worked very hard to get where she is. Kaley is now 11 years old.... 12 in September. Well this is their first trip back into town and they will be here for a month. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them.

I was informed this AM that my 11-YEAR OLD GOD DAUGHTER HAD HER FIRST KISS! *falls down* WTF!!! I thought I'd get a few more years! (Kurt you may want to look into home schooling Em and Maddy, shelter them, it's okay, I swear). Apparently "Miss I'm not as sneaky as I thought I was" was at the public pool and this boy she has liked for a long time, Donivan, was there as well. Kristin and Chris were driving by and Kristin noticed them, then her daughter and THAT BOY lean in to give each other a quick peck. Kristin said she went crazy a little. It made her pretty sad, later once she calmed down, that her baby girl was growing up so fast and I have to say I feel the same way. After all these talks she'd had and all these things Kaley had become apart of, she thought she was leading her on the right path. Kristin's fear is that she will end up pregnant at an early age and I can't say I blame her. The cycle of that happening statisically is pretty high and seeing as how they live in smalltown, USA with nothing else to do... well you see where I'm going.

I look forward to seeing where this goes, apparently he left for IOWA while she is out her in CA but I might have to suggest Kristin get some IM spy software because that kid is on IM a lot and I don't think Kristin realizes just how much.

*shudders* stinky boys

No comments: