Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A few things from the past week.

So right now I kinda feel like Lois Lane sitting at her old wooden desk on a brother typewriter, trying to hunt and peck to type out some words for the Daily Planet. Sitting there with some weight of wonder on my shoulders. It's kinda surreal. I have a lot of good news but it is all shadowed by the loss of our little kitten kid.

I need to share though, it makes moving on a little easier even if I don't really want to. So I've decided I will summarize the past weekend and couple of days at home.

Saturday evening at the newest of galleries downtown I had submitted a few pieces which I had mentioned in a previous blog. One piece of source was in reference to Moby Dick. This piece which I called "Road Trip." Was actually of one of my very good friends mother who passed last year. When she first showed me the pic I knew I wanted to try it. I needed a challenge and more importantly I thought Courtney would love it. So I didn't have it ready for her birthday but I thought I could have it ready for the America show. It's a picture of her mom in a car parked near the beach... road tripping is pretty American if you ask me. So as I walked in the gallery I was pretty nervous and she wasn't there yet. It was actually about 30 minutes before they came. They walked in and we all chatted and I sat there with my heart fluttering. After a bit her and Patty walked around and then she was standing there... starring at it. She turned around with a huge smile and I finally felt relief. She loved it, to which I handed her the actual pic and we hugged and told her that was her late birthday present. *throws hands up Yay*

I also entered two photographs from Fenway park. My favoritey one, the one I've also put on a platter at Color Me Mine, I blew up and framed in black and white. And GET THIS... it got Viewers Favorite... by one vote :) *claps, YAY for me* People were even talking about it behind me... yikes!

The comic show was also the same night and Alix had some cute little pics in there. We stopped by there first to look around and I took pics of her stuff up on the walls since she had to work. There was some pretty cool stuff up there. I'll be posting pics soon but I'm at work right now and the camera is at home :)

Monday night we pretty much sat at home and I loved on Polly. You can tell the kid is not used to being alone. She follows us everywhere, has to know what we're doing, eating, grabbing, etc. I let her eat some ice cream and popcorn with me, then she passed out in my arms... it was nice.

Last night I wanted to focus on something else so Alix and I spent a couple hours drafting a Multi-Cache based on the game Clue. It was pretty fun and it will take a lot of work but we think it will be worth it once it's done. A classic, who done-it in Bakersfield. We made up characters, weapons and places in Bakersfield it could have occurred.

Not much else really, just trudging through this week... seeing as how our 1 year anniversary is this weekend :) So what's going on in your world?

No comments: