Monday, July 14, 2008

Ashling Born 2007ish - July 14th 2008

Today we had to put Miss Ashling to sleep. She has always been small and kinda sickly and we noticed that she had been getting worse. Sadly, yesterday I noticed she could hardly walk. Alix took her in and the diagnosis was bad... either Feline Leukemia or AIDS to which either only gave her a few short months to live. Basically, her living would be for our benefit not hers. We are living with the notion that she got spoiled and spent her last days with a loving family since he said that she was most likely born this way and no one caught it until now. We fostered her in her dying days and I can't see how that is a bad. She could have spent her last days stuck living in cages till someone finally saw what we did this past week. So for that I am grateful that we got to meet and love such a sweet little kat.

Polly will miss her a lot but (as tears stream down my face) I know I'm pretty devasted...

*enjoy chasing mice in the fields little one, you can run free like you couldn't here anymore...*

No comments: