Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Moby Dick

A timeless classic..blah blah blah. You know the story, boy gets a boat, boy goes finishing, boy gets made to look like an ass in front of his friends because big fish gets away and flips boy the bird, boy will die to get revenge on the fish. You hear it every day, sometimes twice. Yes... this is me... being funny. *chuckles* Laugh already, geez, tough crowd.

Anyway, it's a timeless analogy used to describe difficult times or personal challenges in ones life. A particular painting was this very thing for me. I'm not sure what to think of it but maybe I've been starring at it too long for the past couple of weeks. I've taken pictures of my process with it but I won't blog that till after the opening on Saturday. If you want to see them before I blog them, then you'll have to get off your ass and go to the "Amercia the Beautiful" opening at the Underground Gallery & Studio on 19Th street. 5-8pm I have 3 in this show: painting on canvas and 2 photos. I'm pretty excited to see them amongst other artists. I also dropped 2 for Alix and then another 2 at the Comic Show at The Empty Space. Opening is also Saturday, 4-7pm I will be at both for a little while, flying solo, as sadly, the girl works till close that night. I want to take pics of our stuff hanging so she can at least see where her stuff is on the walls of each gallery. I'm pretty proud of her. :)

My fear is I suck and that's okay as long as it makes me happy and I am pretty damn happy. *shrugs* so I'm just going with it :) Hope to see you there...

No comments: