Monday, June 30, 2008

The One Where I Sold my 1st Piece of Art.

Hmm. I got a txt yesterday afternoon saying, "did you know your little red piece sold at the Museum?" To which I sadly put the phone to my side and some tears slid down my cheeks. Alix ran to me to see what was the matter and while she was very proud of me and telling me how it's a good thing, I stood there and cried a little. Why you ask? A few reasons.

Just one of those emotional days and I didn't have a pic of it to remember it by. I know that may sound weird but I want an artistic journal of my work and I just thought these 2 pieces would come home so I could photograph them. Also, this was a close up of the inside of a lily I took at the L.A. Arboretum on one of my trips before you lived here. I remember studying it and thinking how such a small thing could be so intricate and beautiful. I remember you telling me to do anything I wanted and just enjoy being me. Fast forward to a few months ago and I remember you telling me how much you liked this picture because the section I picked out reminded you of a heart. I thought it was my way of capturing how good you made my heart feel. This piece was apart of both of us... and in that instant of a txt, it's gone. Someone bought it and it wasn't coming home and the idea of that made me sad.

So even though it's a little sad, it's a pretty good feeling to know that someone liked something I did enough to spend their money on it.

2 comments:

timidvenus said...

it's super awesome that you sold your art. and really, it's nice to hear that artists get attached to their pieces, and if i were the one that bought it i would treasure it even more knowing what it means to you, it's creator.

Unknown said...

Isn't that one of the most awesome feelings. It's like a super rush of adrenaline. Congrats
Mike