Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The One Where My World Got A Little Bigger.

So last Friday night I was out to dinner with my lovely other half. We were having quite a nice evening out, celebrating our anniversary and one anothers company as we so often do. We had decided on P.F. Changs for dinner. She had never been and they have so many good offerings, we thought it would be fun to go there. After some yummy potstickers, sesame cucumbers and some other yummy things, the waitress brought us our check with our fortune cookies. Here is where my world changed...

Alix handed me my cookie and looked at me. She said here is your fortune. So I was waiting for her to grab hers. She looked at me and said very cutely, "I can't pick my own fortune, it has to be given to me." She explained that one can not choose their own fortune, that's being selfish, someone should offer it to you. I smiled, this made complete sense. No wonder so many of my fortunes never worked out quite right. So now I look forward to the next time I can give someone some fortune :)

2 comments:

timidvenus said...

so...what did yours read???

Audrey said...

It said: "Others are anxious to get to know you better."

:)