Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The One Where Everyone Else is Doing It.

*rolls eyes from shear annoyance* I'm tired a little. This may also have something to do with how annoyed I am with this topic. Although it has been building and speaking with some of my truly close friends, they agree so I can't be off base by too much. The topic in question? Gays are allowed to get married today.

This blog should be completely different. It should be about what a wonderful time in life this is, not just for Gay people but for being apart of history in the making and a time when people are opening their eyes for fairness and true equality. The chance for everyone to be married. But it's not, this is my blog and I'm going to rant how annoyed I am with the BBQ style, Sunday afternoon type gathering(slash) circus act this has turned into. *smacks head*

I am a myspace whore, pure and simple. It is a great network to exchange ideas about interesting events that are up and coming, meet people that you share likes with and also stayed informed with things that matter to you in your community. So on the downside, it can be used to bombard you with a topic so so so so so so so so so many times that you get pushed to where I am now.

So I am glad for today for one main reason, I will stop getting bulletin after bulletin about people getting married in a side show kind of way versus making it the truly special *one of a kind* occasion it should be. So when someone asks, "Oh, what's your anniversary?" It won't be such a shocker when 100's, hell 1000's of people can ALL FUCKING ANSWER June 17th. And the reasoning behind it? Because Everyone Can... *sarcastically claps* wow, how special.

I can understand getting excited and going down there to get the marriage license to plan your marriage for a date to be annonced with some meaning for both of you, some time that makes both of your eyes go all misty, that makes sense. Instead of the reasoning being a historic occasion. Not much of a base, in MY opinion. I could really give a flying fuck if you agree with me or not, seeing as how *looks around* this is my blog.

If I didn't see, "Are you planning on getting married June 17th?" "Info about getting married on June 17th" "After we all get married on June 17th" "Do you want to get married tomorrow" over and over, with other variations this wouldn't be so bad. The one that probably started most of this was the "information" one. *holds hand up* Hold up people, you are having a meeting about getting married in a group setting. This really put a kink in my neck. Then plans of having a bbq at someone's house afterwards to celebrate? Like you won a baseball game? Are you for real? I can see having a community wide celebration at a park for the equality we all deserve and have been waiting for but not to celebrate weddings, group style.. oh no, not one more time now. (my framily will chuckle at that part)

The idea, more than anything, just makes me sad. So many people are doing it, "just because" and in a few months the aftermath will occur because this wasn't led in a better manner.

*steps down* I'm done now.

No comments: