Friday, February 17, 2006

Shake your coins

Last night I went to a belly dancing party. Yes, I said "went" not participated. Interesting having to be forced to watch women shake, dance and move to the rhythm of some very exotic music. We were asked to watch so we could judge each girl. We were given a little history of each woman and then the music started. I'm not sure what we were suppose to base it on, as I don't know the techniques or anything but I based mine on how much they were "feeling" the music they chose. Also, how they worked the crowd and changed up their "shake."

So many styles, it was tough but I rated each one. Each girl should be very proud, I couldn't imagine doing that in front of a group of 40 women, most of which I didn't know and in front of a giant mirror in the living room. It was very friendly and fun. Yay for new experiences...

No comments: