Sunday, February 05, 2006

An Irish Man, a Mexican, a Magician and a Madigan walk into a bar.... or on stage.

Traveled down to Hermosa Beach(oh the wonders of the 405) to the Comedy and Magic Club. If you've never been, go. It's well worth the money and realistically, it's pretty inexpensive. And YAY for a 2 drink minimum. The poopy part of it all, the migraine from pitching so long on an empty stomach. I slept most of the way down there, we even stopped to get a cold pak for my head, that helped a lot but the cure all was the 3rd migraine pill with 2 Blue Hawaiians that I think really knocked it out.

I'm really kicking myself for not having my camera phone on me but there was a Starbucks Coffee and you know how some of the letters burn out. I kid you not and I have 2 witnesses, the letters burned out so it said: "S****uc*s *off**" Oh yeah, there was a immature part of me that found that damn funny all night long. I really wish I could have got a pic of it though.

So Steph, Erin and I ate at this small Italian dive. A great thin crust pizza with some pepperoni and olives. Steph had a spinach, chicken salad with some soup. Erin and I also shared some french fries with marinara and mozzarella cheese (hey lay off, I probably burned about 800 + calories throwing batting practice).

We walked around for a bit and then went to get in line for the comedy club. It's 1st come 1st serve and it's pretty small. We got really good seats, not in front but not in the back and just slightly off to one side.

I guess you have to have a certain kind of humor for the first guy and I wish I could remember his name but he was really funny. The 3 of us were cracking up, we were all crying he was so funny. Next came the Mexican, check him out www.fluffyguy.com I wish we could get back over there to see him, OMG, so hilarious! He'll be there Valentine's night. Next came the magician. Okay, so I know what you're thinking, "what are we 5?" Surprisingly, he was pretty cool. His "thing" was making birds appear or disappear or multiply. He wasn't on very long either so its not like you had time to get bored. AND THEN.... Kathleen Madigan! Here is this cute, 5'2" little red head who is so damn funny! We listened to some of her stuff on the drive down since Steph didn't know any or her material nor had she ever been to a comedy club/show before, so she got a 2fer bonus. Check her out at www.kathleenmadigan.com

The show was about 2 hours all together and we loved it! If anyone would like some of her old material, I will be happy to send some copies of her stuff, she's great on the car rides or while your working out or grading papers. Got home at 2:00am and knocked out, sweet dreams of super bowl.

No comments: