Sunday, February 19, 2006

Food, Family and Falling Down

So our game was cancelled yesterday. The opposing school only had 8 players... for all 3 teams! Their entire program revolved around 8 girls, wow. Apparently, the majority of the players are still in basketball and if you don't have 5 practices under your belt, you can't play in a game. We took care of this by having Saturday practices for the winter sports, so all of our girls are eligible.

This left me lots of free time to go to my parents since my Aunt and Cousin are here from Chicago. This also meant a lot of my family would be around. There were tiny people everywhere! Between 4 of my cousins that were there, they had 6 little ones and three of those were boys that were always on the run. The middle one, Marcus, was particularly fearless. He fell from the top of the cement deck and just hit the dirt, right on his arm. He cried for a second and then saw the other kids were playing and hopped right back up and was ready to go. I had most of the kids up on the cement deck with sidewalk chalk, it was very colorful. Trees, birdhouses, butterflies, a mouse, a sun, clouds, a house with a sidewalk.

Tri-tip, bar-b-qued chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad, chili beans, french bread.... then pound cake, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, pineapple gooey cake and from scratch carrot cake. I was a good girl and got one plate and didn't eat everything. I don't think I could have even if I wanted to. All very yummy.

Good day :)

No comments: