Thursday, March 04, 2010

My Day at the DMV

I decided to not pay attention to my drivers license and turns out, it expired on my birthday this year.  This means I had to endure the DMV to get it renewed.  Craziness. So I took the morning off to tromp down there and put my 'time' in.  Well a few small flaws in that plan.  I may have overslept a little which made me late and all that means is long lines and wait times.  Even the "start" line had a 10 minute long line, it was impressive.  She handed me my paperwork to fill out and my Number.  I was given G92.  They were on G41.  Along with the A's, B's, C's, D's, E's, F's, H's and I's mixed in.  About a 2 hour wait... so I took my time filling out my paperwork and stood in a corner till a seat opened up that I wanted to stay in during my time.  Here are some highlights of my visit:

~*~
-Dude walks up to another dude and says,
"Hey man, what are you in here for?"  (okay so he can check prison off his list of life accomplishments)
"I got another ticket and had to come pay my fines from some other 'stuff.' (come on, we know you mean a DUI dipshit)
"Oh yeah, what'd ya lay down today?" 
"$300 and as of April 8th, I lose my license... their f'n crazy like that fool." (shakes head)
"What'd you do?" (yes, what DID you do?)
"Well after my DUI (thanks for confirming that one) and some tickets I got all these points."  (no shit)
"Whaaa... no way?!"
"Yeah, I have 8 pts" (Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmn)

Then there was some other [explicitve] after [explictive] talk and how he can't reapply for it till October.  Good stuff, he was so surprised.  LMAO

~*~There was a man who had on blue cargo shorts, a light blue button up shirt, a blue fishing hat with some bright design but the best part?  *wait for it...*  He had on shiny (like prom dress shiny) yellow elf shoes.  No joke.  They had a curl at the tip and everything.  There was a couple standing next to me, the guy says "look at that."  The girl looks over at the guy walking by and says with a glazed look on her face "I love the DMV."  Okay, that made me chuckle a little.

~*~The guy next to me who was studying for his commercial drivers license.  Nothing too funny about him.  He was a nice kid.  Typical 'waited' till the last minute to study.  He was reading through practice test after practice test trying to retain everything he could.  I'm pretty sure the 2 hours he put in studying while sitting there was probably about all the studying he did.  I offered to read him some questions to change it up a bit.  He didn't do too badly.

~*~There was a kid that needed to fill out the same form I did plus one other one.  I'm pretty sure he couldn't read.  (no I'm not laughing at this at all, it made me quite sad actually)  He couldn't comprehend where to spell out his name or how to fill it out.  It basically is the normal info form; name, address, mailing address, phone number, that sorta thing.

~*~Then you have the normal, happy teenagers getting their licenses for the first time (Lord help us all).  LOL  I literally saw a girl skip outside after she passed.  It was pretty cute.

I finally finished up at 2:30pm.  I ended up taking the whole day off.  I got my oil change done too.  I figure I might as well get it all done while I'm off.  It was a very productive day and I was quite happy about it.

No comments: