Saturday, March 06, 2010

See Me Run

I can't even believe I did it and I'm the one that did it.  We went to the gym tonight, as per usual it's our own "last chance workout" before our weigh in tomorrow morning.  I decided I needed to mix it up tonight.  I have to, we've been working out for 9 weeks and we pretty much do the same things.  I mean we do change things around a little but I do very little walking because of my foot.  I spend a MAJOR part of my time on the elliptical.  We have a love/hate relationship.  I secretly do love it but I'll never say it while I'm on it.  Yesterday I had an awesome workout and it almost beat me.  I was on level 10 for 30 minutes.  Then we did some squats with a weighted ball, LOVE THAT.

Let's get back to today.  I'm still smiling so so SOO BIG!  My goal tonight was to try intervals on the treadmill.  The natural growth (in my head) is to start using my foot more as I drop weight.  I decided to do 35 minutes.  Start with 3 minutes walking, pray with all my might for 5 minutes running, 3 minutes walking and so on and so forth till the 35 minutes were up.  Most AWESOMEST of awesome things happened when I got to 8 minutes... I wasn't out of breath, hell, I wasn't even warm yet.  So I decided to go to 13 minutes, that would be 10 minutes running, that made me smile.  I was so proud of myself for the 5 minutes as it was.  So here we are fast approaching 13 minutes... just barely getting a little sweat but still not out of breath, STILL just fine.  Next goal: 18 minutes, that would be 15 minutes running.  Me!  Running for 15 minutes.  The whole idea of this blows my mind.  18 minutes came and went, 23 minutes came and went, then 28, then here came 35 minutes.  I only walked the first 3 minutes and ran the entire 32 minutes.  At 30 minutes I looked down and had run 2 miles.  I ran 2 miles in 30 minutes.  I can't get over it.  The other interesting part?  I never truly got out of breath.  I had a nice pace at 3.9 going.  I want to do that twice a week.  I never thought running would make me so happy.

Note to me for a later reference:  Remember that Nelly Furtado song, do it for yourself and remember how for 32 minutes you ran with the biggest of smiles and the greatest of feelings that you've had in a long, long time.

No comments: