Thursday, March 11, 2010

My New Battle with Food.

So obviously I've had some issues with food.  One doesn't get to be 253 lbs by having everything under control.  Yes I just blasted my original weight up for all the clickyweb world to see.  The first step (I imagine with any problem) is admitting it.  I'm not proud of how big I was, how much I let my weaknesses rule me, let me get to such an unhealthy state but at least I'm getting a second chance.

In typical Pisces fashion I've thrown my passion and every bit of energy I have into this.  2 months later and it's paid off.  While I still have a ways to go, I'm set on a great path.  I was very diligent about keeping a log of all my calories.  I slipped a few days and wouldn't write it down but would keep a good mental track till I started again.  I stopped when we moved because well, moving takes a lot of time and energy and I didn't feel like it.

I decided to do a little check this week, making sure I'm not eating too much.  Oddly enough, it's quite the opposite.  By my guess-ta-mations, I probably was only eating around 1000 calories a day last week.  No wonder I had such a mondo weight loss.  I'm just lucky my body didn't revolt on me and hold what I was eating.  I'm eating and I'm eating quite well, apparently my body is enjoying all of it or I wouldn't be constantly losing weight.  I'm just worried about what's going to happen when it finally decides to 'hault' for bit.

I'm doing my best to change it up and now that I have running that should keep me good for at least another month but it still worries me sometimes.  The biggest issue I notice with running?  If I don't have the calories, that last 10 minutes or so is kinda tough.  I'm really looking forward to today though.  I'm determined to get to a 1000 calories before gym, I need it.

Here's why:  I eat 1000 calories. When I run 3 miles I burn about 550 calories.  In my everyday routines my body naturally burns 2398 calories.  That means my deficit is about 3000 calories a day if I only eat 1000 calories.  1000 intake - 550 workout - 2398 daily burn = *thumbs down*  3500 deficit = a lb of fat lost.  I can't keep this up.  I need to slow the process down a little bit.  I typically don't just run either, I do weights or core or both.  I like to walk out of gym with about 700 calorie burn workout under my belt.

I don't like eating big dinners and I only occasionally have dessert now so the idea of packing the calories in at the end of the day doesn't work and dinner is suppose to be your smallest meal anyway.

Alright, ranty enough, back to work.  I need to get hungry!

No comments: