Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Back Blog - Should be dated 11-4-08


Time to Put my Homework Answers to Good Use

I happily woke up early voting morning. I was there about 5 till 7 and wasn’t too surprised by the line but I was hoping I would make it to work on time. It moved fairly fast and I was inside by 7:10 am and done by 7:25am even as snail moving as the people were. I know they are volunteers but good grief people.

Anyway, I opted for the paper ballot so I could speedily fill in my bubbles and get my hard earned sticker… and maybe even a free starbucks later. Color Me Mine is also allowing you to paint for free if you have your sticker.

A few noticeable items worth mentioning while standing in line. I was “reading” the news on TV the previous night while I was at the gym and the election officials were saying how no election propaganda is allowed within 100ft of polling area. This includes signs, bumper stickers and clothing. Really? Bumper stickers? You’re going to have your volunteers who don’t know a P from a B go check the parking lot… whatever. It is “asked” you abide by these rules. So item 1 that is mentionable: as I walk up and see all the cars in the parking lot I see McCain, Yes on 8 stickers on about 8 cars… leave it to the Republicans to break this rule. I mean after all, they do litter their signs everywhere. I say litter because you’re suppose to have permission to place your signs… out on a corner of a dirt field isn’t convincing me you know the land owner or around the parks.

Which brings me to a tangent. When you place these signs and take your child to a park and they ask, “Mommy what is that yellow sign with people on it for?” You just granted your child their first lesson in Hate. *thumbs up* good job moron. Whether you put the sign up for Yes on 8 or are opposed (thank you for seeing that all humans should be treated equally) now the person who is opposed also has to teach their child that people are mean and dislike what they do not understand… way to take a little piece of their childhood away. Way to make this world even uglier by saying “your God” doesn’t approve of this and if “your God” teaches you to hate then you can keep him.

Mentioning #2: Complaining people. My only comment to you is, you can’t complain if you aren’t willing to get off your fat ass and do it yourself. Try volunteering, I dare you. I’ve done plenty of it and not just to say I’ve done it but because I want a better understanding of my fellow humans. I’ve worked in churches (shut up it didn’t burn down), with animals, coaching girls, served homeless people, wrapped presents to raise money for charities, worked at special Olympics… and so on. But I get the lady who bitches that the site managers name isn’t written on the paper out front or she doesn’t have access to the restroom or I’m sorry as she said, “the baffrooom.” *blinks* Moving on… #3 don’t let one person tell me I can fill out my ballot anywhere over there and then a guy tell me that isn’t allowed. Then when I stand line, I hear another lady (different from the one who told me) you can fill it out anywhere. *shakes head* Silly people.

So that was my voting experience, not complaining so much as mentioning some things that made me laugh a little bit. I wonder what else is going on out there in voting land.

Oh and one more thing, on the radio they were saying this town in New Hampshire only had 21 people in it and they were all done voting by 7:15am. Obama won, 16 to 5 :)

No comments: