Saturday, December 27, 2008

Coming Home!

So yesterday my girl was back in my arms. Weather looked good on both ends. I left about 2:00pm because I really had no idea how traffic was going to be. I mean I could catch 5 o'clock traffic on a Friday on the 405... it's a crap shoot. One accident and it could take me 3 hours to go 5 miles. I got to Magic Mountain in 55 minutes... it was the flow of traffic. I also had a plan that if I got to the 101 off the 405 by 3:15pm then I'd run over to Ventura to meet Patty and Courtney at Joe's Crab shack for dinner. Just about the time I decided that, I was slamming on my breaks in front of the Magic Mtn. Parkway exit. It was 2:55pm, things weren't looking good. We crawled around the bend, past Lyons exit and then there was the sign for the 405, I moved over and all of the sudden, traffic was moving again, weird. So I called Patty & Qrt to see where they were and let them know it was gonna be tough to decide if I was going to make it. It was about 3:25pm at this point and I was coming up on the 101... hmm... as I start to merge toward it and think I might make it... the traffic was stopped going to the 101, so I move back over and keep heading south on the 405 LOL. I wished them a "good time" and went along my way. Not 15 minutes later and I was already seeing the signs for LAX... holy hell I was 5 hours early. The Promenade happened to be a couple exits before it so I decided to hang out there instead of racking up parking fees and sitting at the airport with nothing to do for 5 hours.

I walked around in my shorts and it was COLD! Oddly enough there were only a couple of stores. So I killed time in Game Stop (shocker), Borders - I found a game too, yay for doodle dice and decided it was dinner time. This area was more of a business district so where they lacked in retail stores, they had about 25 resturants to choose from. I decided on Marie Calendars, I wanted something warm. They happened to have happy hour so I decided on 2 appetizers and ginger ale. It has also given me the chance to write this blog :) (I'm just reciting from my notes basically) It gave me a place to sit for awhile and people watch.

After that, I went to buy me a hat with ear flaps that had braided sides, I've been wanting one for a while. Then I needed some hot cocoa and decided a salted caramel hot cocoa was in order. I decided to head to the airport since it was about 7:00pm. I wasn't sure how bad it would be to get in there... or by 7:15pm I was in the garage. Sheesh, the one time, right? So I walked down to find her flight and by 7:25pm I was sitting in an airport chair with nothing to do... boring. I headed back to the car to play with my lappy. I always have online games :) That passed the last hour and as I headed down and across the crosswalk, I got her text! YAY!!! About 20 minutes later, she was in my arms!!!

What a great drive home, we got to talk and laugh and DAMN did I miss her laugh. I even brought her back with some In N Out LOL

*sigh and smiles* Welcome Home hunney :)

No comments: