Friday, February 29, 2008

Today Does Not Exist

I have a very close family now, nothing like I've ever experienced before. It consists of a Denise, a Jenn, a Courtney and a Patty. These girls mean a lot to me and I'd throw myself in front of a wild animal for any one of them. We all have our times in life when we go through things. Each of us has a fairly high spirtual belief in the universe and things that just can't be explained. So today, February 29th hits me in a different way and I think it does for them as well.

I had a rough day, without going into too many details, it's a Friday and it's 4:30pm and I head home with a few tears crawling down my face. I was very much looking forward to just going home and falling a sleep. I was worn down, torn down and just done. I had the option to go play games but I just didn't have the mind set for it. I was sad because I did want to go but I wasn't feelin' it and knew I should just go home for now. I fell a sleep for a little while and woke up to a Patty asking if I wanted to come over for Pizza. The idea of going to Pattys and sitting around the table sharing stories like we all do so well sounded nice. So I got up took a shower and did feel a little better.

Without spilling too much of everyone elses crappy day, it was interesting that we all had such a "weird" day. I walked outside to talk to Alix and I could see inside Patty's house. Courtney had this sad/distressed look on her face, Patty was being Patty-like and making us a wonderful dinner all the while hustling through the kitchen, Denise was sitting in a chair using the web we all love so much as a distraction and Jenn, well Jenn was being Jenn :) We must look like quite the group of misfits at times but we all bring something important to the table and standing outside looking in, I could really see that. It brought this really warming feeling over me and I just had to smile.

So standing there I decided that Today Does Not Exist. This is a fun concept if you give it a chance. If you had a great day of completing tasks/work or anything else, it was basically a free day and it's almost like Gnomes came and did the work for you. If you had a bad/horrible/off day then when you wake up tomorrow, it didn't exist and all is washed even. Either way you come out with a positive feeling.

I was just ready for the feelings of the day to be gone. I think some others were as well. Darla and Vanessa showed up a bit after that, Patty got called out to work and we all sat around the table eating pizza and just enjoying one anothers company. I loved it (well minus the fact that Patty had to leave).

Thanks girls... I love you and I'll miss you.

No comments: