Thursday, February 07, 2008

3:35pm

So everyday about this time it's basically time to wrap up at work. This involves printing off the machines, typing up any last reports that may need to go out before I walk my butt through that door, emailing or faxing, billing something, feeding my yard kittenkids, cleaning up my desk(s) (yes I have multiple), laying out samples for the next day and a few other whosey-ma-whats-its. My world begins to shut down and my time with Alix on the phone begins. As darkeness falls each night, something new is happening, an overall feeling of satisfaction. Our life is setting itself to begin very soon. Before it was months out and seemed like forever and a day away. Now... well now it's basically a day away. Each day brings us quite closer, we have so many mini countdowns, the time literally is flying by. I smile every morning and pop out of bed because at the dusk of "this" day, I am one more day closer to her and THAT is always a most wonderful feeling.

Lately, more and more people have been commenting on how hard it must be to have the one you love so far away. And as much as I agree, this time has taught me many things. I have learned to walk on my feet again, find some really interesting stuff out about myself, I've made some new incredibly awesome friends and have put myself in a position to have her easily walk into our life. Here are some things to look forward with us:

February 14th - We get our apartment; She flies in for the weekend
February 17th - She takes her last business trip to Boston
February 27th - My birthday that I keep forgetting about
March 5th - I head to Burbank for my last flight to Boston for awhile...
March 7th - We head to CT to stay with her parents and possibly NY on the 8th
March 9th - We head toward Spin in DC, then to Kristin in OK
and from there we'll end up back in CA around the 12th???

Weather will play a huge roll in our drive across the U.S. I'll do most of my blogging from my phone. Should be pretty cool. Things may change a bit but we're really looking forward to all of it.

I'm having one of those centered days today and it feels great... just thought I would share.

No comments: