Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sink of Dishes

So each night I put something or things away and get that much closer to being organized and clean. Two of my favorite things. The kitchen was the first room I put together (shocker) and continually fill the counters up to put other things away. It's quite a cycle but it's working. I hadn't really thought I was getting very far until Denise & Jen came over and said I had done a lot. I spent most of last night grouping stuff together so it wouldn't be so out of place. I hung up some more clothes, threw out some more trash and made sure my lunch was packed for the day.

Monday night I made my dinner and cleaned. I had yet to do dishes and decided that I should do them each night before I go to bed. I happily stood there on my new kitchen mat and washed each dish by hand, stratigically stacking them in the little rack in the sink. I wiped down the counters and cleaned the stove. I smiled while I washed each dish. Now I know this won't last forever but like everything else I'm experiencing, I'm appreciating everything in a whole new way.

I've always loved/appreciated everything in my life but it's different this time. I'm thankful for where I've been and what I've had and where I'm going now.

No comments: