Sunday, July 08, 2007

Playing the Part of a Chicken

So I spent a portion of my day at Barnes & Noble working on notes and such. It is far less destracting than my own home even with all of the books surrounding me. I found a cozy seat by the cafe which lofted out some very yummy smells but I resisted and kept right on working along. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes before I needed to leave to meet for dinner, my lappy battery died. Well F*%@. I didn't want to arrive at BJ's too early because they are one of the only places that carries cider on tap and I was only going to have one since they are a tad on the strong side. So I decided to see if B&N had any art books I couldn't live without. I couldn't find one in particular I was looking for and the guy looked at me like I was a ghost when I explained to him what I was looking for. People skills, come on dude, grab some, I know you have books on that shit.

Anyway, I did run across one on the How to character faerys and other mythical creatures. OMGosh! I've been wanting to do this but I don't necessarily know the "rules" or if there are any to what they can and can't have. So I found this book to be very handy. So I was all gung-ho for about 3 minutes. I headed toward the front to pay for it and it happened. I looked down at it and started thinking... what if I can't do it? What if they don't come out right or I can't get the structures of their details right on. I can't certainly display anything that looks like shit...

I set the book down and walked out. Fear of Failure. So far my mind is winning over my desire.

So I had an extra cider to make me a little more giddy and forget about my internal struggle that happened 60 minutes prior.

Fear - 1
Me - - I can't even justify a zero, my 3 minute attempt was just sad.

*sigh*

No comments: