Sunday, December 17, 2006

JoeCon2

So Friday night after the Turtle Party we went to our friend Kurts' house for the annual JoeCon. Joe is his best friend of many years and a con is a convention of sorts. Since they game for 3-4 days straight, they decided to deem it: JoeCon. There are even T-shirts on cafepress so you know it's serious.

Anyway, the girls gathered at the end of the table to play Princes of Florence. It's a fun little game and it's amazing how much competition there can be between only 3 players. I guess in watching Sondra so closely, I forgot about the "bonus hoser" or as the rest of you know her, Erin. She came out of no where and ended up winning by a good 8 points. With it being near midnight we took the opportunity to leave and get some much needed rest.

Saturday Morning and Afternoon were filled with shopping. 6 hours of shopping to be exact. We only have some misc. little stuff to grab now and we're all done! Woohoo. Evening found us back at JoeCon to play Puerto Rico and later Railroad Tycoon :) Two games I really enjoy. I lost horribly in PR (oh well) and rounded out in 3rd in RRT. Erin played Age of Steam or as I like to think of it, "Steam away any brain power you have left." Which is sadly what happened to Erin, she lost and she lost bad. She vowed to never play again. She vowed to never eat little smokies again either but after 5 years she broke down and ate some this past October. :) I had fun and didn't have to think about work, shopping, baking, errands, checkbooks, animals or anything else that fills my brain regularly. Lots of people were in and out throughout the weekend and although I wished I could have gamed more, I had a lot of fun :0 I can't wait for JoeCon3; we get name tags :)

"Hello, my name is: I'm going to kick your ass."

1 comment:

Net_Lemming said...

We still have a TON of food. :)