Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Parties Galore

So yesterday I had some baking to do. YAY! I made a fun red and green checkerboard cake, jalapeno cheeseball and a christmas tree tower of star shaped rice crispy treats! That was fun. Then we took said treats to Erin's moms' house for their open house holiday party. She made lots of good stuff. Articoke dip on some mini breads, mmm. My cake looked so cute when she sliced it open. I was happy. Erin was a little happier, she had 3 margaritas with some homemade tequilla courtesy of one of her dads' employees. They were smooth, I give them 2 mexican thumbs up.

From there, we headed to the High School Staff Christmas Party. That was fun, it's like being in high school again. They gossip just like kids, it's really funny actually. I got to put more faces to names which helps with Erin's stories when she is ranting about people. And as the alcohol started to flow, so did the people right onto the dance floor. Some highlights of songs to give you an idea: Baby Got Back - I laughed so hard I was crying, Beastie Boys song - one guy was headbanging on the dance floor, good stuff, Fergilicious - good thing children were not present and then some good ol' fashioned cabbage patch, the sprinkler, the stick shift, the walker and a few others I can't remember because I was laughing so hard.

I had a really good time and can honestly say I knew a lot of people. Lots of smiling faces. I love to see people enjoying the holidays. Only 15 days till Christmas...

No comments: