Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Puppies Are All Home

Most of you know, I "took" a puppy from a bad home. I felt bad for well over a month about it. Although, I was happy that my friend got the female puppy she had been waiting for. As some of you also know, the runt pup had 2 siblings. Come to find out on Monday, the tan and white was a girl and the other black and white was a boy. My mom went over and asked if she was going to sell them or give them away (trying to push her into making some kind of decision) and she said if she knew of good homes she would give them away. My mom ran to call me and I had a home for one of them in about 30 minutes. My newly divorced friend who's ex-wife was an animal hater (shudders at the thought & should say a lot right there) said he would take the female. I picked her up Tuesday evening after my workout and took her to my turtle meeting where her new owner was. I walked in and he looked at me and said "oh my God, she's adorable." She was very sweet and quiet. I held her in my arms most of the meeting. Everyone loved her. He didn't know I was bringing her to the meeting that night but he was very happy.

In my attempts to find her brother a home, I took a pic of him and took it to the meeting. Easily enough, (I mean geez, everyone's an animal lover in that room) the Presidents wife wanted him because he matched their border collie they already have. She wanted to call him "mini-me." So I picked him up last night after the yummy birthday dinner/dessert and took him to his new home. He was very loving and sweet as well. We went into the house and when he saw the big dog, he pooped. Poor guy. Don took him (as the Alpha in the house) and sat on the couch while the other dogs were let in. "Mini-me" was very happy and kept licking Don and running on the couch, bouncing around, it was so cute. He was home. So now all the neglected dogs have good homes and I couldn't be happier. Yay for new puppies!

Sleep tight puppies, there is much playing to be done tomorrow...

No comments: