Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Strangers Make Me Smile

As of late, it seems that I'm finding comfort from strangers.  I'm not saying ONLY from strangers, its just some of the randomness of words escaping the mouths of people I run into throughout my days lately has caught my attention.  I believe the universe is giving me the reminder I've needed.

This started out about a week and half ago when I posted a descriptive status update on FB.  Some one I befriended in the art community popped up on chat to let me know how much he enjoyed my writing and proclaim I should look further into such endeavors.  *gasp*  

Today I ran to taco bell to pick up food for my boss and the drive thru girl went to grab my money and stopped in mid reach, I looked up and she said "Wow!  Your hair is amazing and it compliments your face really well."  Okay, so in an attempt to not completely melt down in embarrassment in my seat, I smiled and replied, "aww thank you."  She smiled and said, "Yeah, you're cute." She let the window close and walked off to grab the food.
*gasp*  Well allllriiiight then.

THEN I went to Shell to get my sacrificial Red Bull. My old buddy who works at the counter, let me interject here: She is this crazy, loud lady who cusses like a sailor and says what is on her mind, looked at me when I walked in, yelled across the store "What. The. FUCK?!"  I just started laughing.  She continued on, "Where have you been?  (I head toward the counter) Hold up, you lost a ton of weight!  What are you doing?  Damn girl, you look gooood."  So by this the the delivery guy and the 2 other customers, also regulars, were starring at me.  I just laughed it off, said thanks and told her about going to gym.  I was then asked how much weight I had lost and how much more I wanted to lose.  After proclaiming my goals, the delivery guy chimed in with a "you look good, don't lose too much more."  More gracious smiles, thanks and shades of red.
So yeah *looks up toward the sky* I hear you loud and clear.

No comments: