Sunday, April 04, 2010

Artistic Procrastination

It's a beautiful thing.  *giggles incessantly* I've had my bottle for about a month and a half to paint for the Bakersfield Museum of Art.  I figured out about 3 weeks ago what I wanted to put on it.  I just started transferring the images on to the bottle last Wednesday.  It's due this Tuesday, I might be a little behind.

Thursday I ended up being too drained from working on it for 6 hours the night before.  I had some other things on my mind and cleaning seemed (and felt) like a much better outlet for me.  I then planned on doing the 2nd transfer Friday night... well that didn't work out either.  Saturday came around and I started to realize that I'm running out of 'drying' time.  I also realized that in order to make my carrot cake I needed to get my bake even strips so I needed to run to Michael's first.  My friend Tee has a son and he asked to come along and I was quite excited to say yes.  We got to talk about stuff and he reminds me of how much I miss coaching high school kids.  He really is an amazing guy and I love how we chat about stuff.  He's honest with me and I like it, it's very refreshing.  He is very much into wrestling and is more than happy to teach me since I know absolutely nothing about it.  He also enjoys showing me the down sides of wrestling; illnesses, sicknesses and stuff of that nature.  Turns out he started to get something called cauliflower ear.  You should YouTube it if you don't know what it is... it can get pretty gnarly.  Anyway, he wanted to get it drained so we spent some time driving around trying to find a needle and someone to do it.  We even went to urgent care but they wanted his primary care physician to do it so that was a bust.  Thankfully, we have a super cool roommate who was more than happy to assist with it.  It's fine now so YAY :)  So the moral of that story was I didn't get a chance to work on my bottle.

Sunday I woke up and made french toast and bacon...mmm.  Cleaned up and then laid on the couch, it seemed like a much better idea at the time.  I was playing with the iTouch and decided to check my horoscope which basically told me to stop procrastinating and get to work on any project I have going on.  I giggled and thought it was strange that they can be so spot on.  It took me about 15 minutes but I got all the stuff out to put the 2nd transfer on so it could dry while we went to my parents house for Easter Linner.

Hung out there for a few hours, grabbed some movies on the way home, Lex headed to my aunt & uncles to assist with some I.T. work and I had a lot of art supplies and paints to find and gather.  I didn't realize how scattered it was/is.  I have stuff in both storage's too which is kind of a bummer but for the most part I found everything I needed, just took me some time.  Then I realized I didn't have my glasses anyway so set up time was a good thing.

I got about 1/4 of the first piece done... she will be tough but I'm hoping to finish her tomorrow night.  Keeping my glass 1/2 full :)

No comments: