Monday, May 04, 2009

Widget

So Saturday night I had it narrowed down to Widget or Sprocket. Widget kept winning in my head so by Sunday morning we deemed him "Widget" which evolved to "The Incredible Mister Widget" but we wouldn't be us if he didn't have some kind of silly full name.


I like taking him everywhere. I enjoyed bringing Polly places, she does very well in the bag. I can take her to the store and she won't make a peep. She just likes to watch. When I bring her to work she just hides under my desk which is a bummer. I've always wanted a shop cat, someone to keep me company. So in getting a new kitten, we also said this one could be more mine since Polly is so very much Alix's and like her as well.


Widget has adapted very well to life as a lab cat. He runs around sliding all over the floor and attacks EVERYTHING on my desk, even himself. His tail taunts him and it must be stopped. He's thrown my cards in my Rolodex all over the damn place and the envelopes... don't get me started on those.

He's figured out how to climb the 3-tier cart that holds my bombs, he likes to lay on the bombs, I guess because they're cool. There is also this wooden plank/beam that was built under the counters to run the wires for the helium lines (it keeps them off the ground). Basically it's a fun cat ramp and he likes to walk in it.
He naps and eats on my desk. That will change as he gets older. His jumping legs are still new and even though he is way more adventurous than Polly he still needs help getting up on the desk sometimes. On occasion when I get up to change out samples and come back to my desk, he's sitting in my chair "meewing" at me. He doesn't like when I go out of sight, so he follows me everywhere.

I think we're a very good fit. I really really like that.


No comments: