Monday, May 11, 2009

I will control the things I can and keep hope and positive thoughts for the things I can not.


Widget tested positive for FeLV (feline leukemia). I was completely devastated because as a previous owner of a FeLV cat, I've seen the road and pain this leads to, not just for the human but for the humans counterpart, the cat itself.

The odd twist of it all? He may not actually have it. Kittens that test positive can get it from mom but somewhere around month 5 their bodies either say, "eh, we're over it" and 'grow' out of it with it completely being gone or they 'do' have it and then you deal from there.

I've got some big things coming up in life. We're moving which is always a huge pain in the ass, I want to buy Lex and I a house and then we start making plans for travel and creative growth and such. I figure the Universe has a plan.

Perspective. While moving and buying a house CAN be stressful, it is an exciting part of life. Everyone does it and it's as positive as one makes it. Evil virus from your new little bestie friend named Widget... much more real and traumatic but when it's all said and done, a part of life and as long as you love with all your heart and give it your all + a little more you didn't even know was there. You can sleep a little easier at night and know you did all you could.

So for now, I can control getting all that organizing and packing done. For the things I can not, I will enjoy bringing Widget to work every day, watching him and Polly run around like wild banshees and staying as positive as one can without looking like the Joker smiling all the time.

And now... I can work. *in deep breath...1.2.3... exhale....1.2.3...*

No comments: