Monday, May 25, 2009

The Past Comes Back to Play Pool

So back in the day I used to frequent a local pool hall every weekend. One particular weekend right after I graduated high school (told you it was awhile ago) I met a boy. Needless to say this was pre-Lesbian tag. Well we didn't have the worst split in the world but it wasn't one that allowed us to mail Christmas cards either. Fast Forward to last summer on myspace. I received a message... from him. He just wanted to get back in touch and it was really nice.

So we've been talking ever so often online and he and his g/f came out here this past weekend to pick up their daughter. We decided to meet up for drinks and just catch up a little. Okay, holy shit. Had anyone told me I'd be doing that 10 years later, I would have laughed in their face... really really hard.

Saturday night at Lengthwise didn't work out which left the window open for said pool hall the next night. Around 9:pm we walked in... in so many ways it was the same but not even close to how I remember it. Walked up, gave a hug and it just felt like 2 old friends found each other after too long apart, just as it always should have been.

It was nice and I hated that we had to cut it short to pack but at least we're back to good. I miss that boy and his antics and I'm glad I can call him my friend again.

~*~*~*~

No comments: