Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Dinner at Olive Garden

So one hopes that the family will be accepting of the other half. I'm not just speaking of Gay couples but in any situation. Once again, I've been dropped in to the amazing setting of my life. My parents in great form, offered to take us, some of the extended family and friends out for dinner... on their tab. *smiles* So Alix picked Olive Garden, those never ending pasta bowl comercials really are tempting.

We got the big table in the middle under the fake grapes, it was pretty fun. We ordered drinks, appeitizers, food food and more food. It was so super yummy. Then it was back to the parents house for birthday cake and... presents.

Since we went to the beach last week, we asked to borrow my moms bike for Alix. My parents then got the idea to buy her a bike for her birthday. My dad called and asked me with her sitting right next to me in the car. I did my best to contain my YES THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! It was cute when they wheeled it out, she had the biggest smile on her face :) She got some great gift cards as well to some of her favorite stores.

It's funny how even after my 31 years walking the Earth, my parents continue to teach me so much about them and how loving and wonderful they can be. I mean, I know they are cool. I get it, I appreciate them so very much but it really makes me happy that get just how happy I am and are so welcoming to the newer aspects of my life. Not just in love but my life overall.

No comments: