Monday, October 06, 2008

Should I be Mad or Honored?

So I went to pick up some pieces from the Bakersfield Musuem of Art today and some photos from the Kern County Fair. No problems at the BMoA and then I get to the fair. The woman tells me they are in the boxes under the counter in Alphabetical order. So I get into the last box and see 1...2...3... &... Where is my Red Sox pic? The one I got a 2nd place for... So I start over from the beginning and go through the whole box. Nothing. I go to the 1st box, nothing, 2nd box, nothing. I ask the lady if there is a separate box for B&W's or if they were anywhere else... no. She proceeds to check them herself, confirm what I had found, nothing. She walks back behind her counter and says, this is why you can't wait so long to pick up your photos, they just boxed up what was left and brought them over here.

*blinks* So hold up, did she just blame me for not coming to get my photos and them getting lost? Did she just state that 1 week is "so long?" Because they just released them last week. A few years ago I left them there (by accident) for like 3 months and those people had no problem pulling them out for me. She was rattling on about something else and I just walked out.

I was the saddest little kid ever. That was my favorite pic, the only one that placed. The one that won Viewer's favorite at the America the Beautiful show at the Gallery... and now it's gone. Yeah I know I can have it reprinted but that's not the point. That bitch didn't care even enough to lie to me and say "maybe someone grabbed it by accident or I'll take your name down and maybe it will turn up and I'm really sorry." But no, I get the lady who is a jerk.

On the other hand, did someone like my pic so much they just had to steal it? *giggles* now that part is kinda funny.

*shrugs* Well anyway, I hope it was worth it for whomever took it, Karmalogical Justice is naughty naughty. *big smiles*

No comments: