Friday, October 17, 2008

I like to think good ideas spawn from other good ideas. You take something you like and make it your own. You don’t copy it but make it something good, something you love, something that is… well… you.

Songs inspire me a lot, movies do as well but sometimes it’s a leaf in the wind or a smile from a passing stranger or the way rain might land on my hand while I’m walking into a store.

Today’s bloggie inspiration comes from Ladybugs. As children, more so, little girls tend to spend their time daydreaming of this and that and what better way to be whisked off to the land of faeries then to play in the garden. I always enjoyed being outside when I was young. My mom always has kept a beautiful landscape and it’s fun to get lost in the flowers. I’m not sure what the little flowers were in the corner but I always looked for ladybugs. I wanted a collection of them since I believed they brought me good luck. I would spend hours and hours looking for them but when it came down to it they seemed to disappear. I would also exhaust myself to a pointwhere I would fall a sleep in the grass in the shade of the trees. When I would wake up…ladybugs. A few on my shirt, my feet and enjoying the flowers just as I had.

This is, of course, a life lesson. Sometimes people search and search for their one true love or their ideal house or insert biggest desire here --> <--. What the lady bugs teach us is: Good things will come to you when you are at your most peaceful state of mind.

No comments: