Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Surprise!

So a few weeks back I thought it would be fun to throw a surprise party for Alix. A part II if you will, to her "Happy 1st Birthday in California" Birthday. So I started asking the framily when a good night would work out and the 3rd seemed like a good consensus and she wouldn't expect it being almost a week after her birthday :)

The story was this, Patty & Courtney were going out of town to "get away" from the problems of life for a night but Jake the dog needed his Valley Fever pills around 7:30pm. I spent previous evenings at Patty's dropping stuff off and even took an extended lunch to make a Pokeball cake. Yay to Patty for finishing it off :)

Friday after work, I was going to Patty's to get "instructions" for Jake and then I would be home. I actually ran to the bank, grabbed some balloons and decorations and headed to Patty's to frost the cake.

This was awesome, I got home and coaxed the girl up with dinner and a possible movie. As we were leaving, Patty even sent a txt saying the key was under the mat. So I walked up and got the key and opened the 1st door, had to fake that I forgot the other key and walk past Alix like I was going back to the car. She tried the door and said, oh it's open, walked in, said: Ohh it smells like Patty, turned the light on and everyone jumped out and yelled surprise and she jumped too! Oops :)

We had a great evening just hanging with the framily and eating taco salads. Thanks girls, it meant mucho mucho to her and Happy 1st CA Birthday babe, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did planning it.

No comments: