Monday, May 12, 2008

Hey? Who took my weekend!?

So it all started Friday evening. Most of you know one of my major geeky hobbies is Geocaching (www.geocaching.com). I have now got the girl hooked along with a few of our friends :) oops One of the funniest motto's is: I use Billion Dollar satillites to find tupperware in the woods. What's your hobby? Friday was an unoffical meeting of some local cachers at a pizza place. It was pretty fun and we met some really awesome people. This is going to turn into a monthly thing and it's pretty cool to be on the ground floor of this group. I'll be setting up a yahoo group/meetup soon :)

Saturday, the girl and I decided to take an "us" day and take a drive up to the Tulare Outlets. However, the side part of this trip was a caching day! YAY!!! We loaded up 33 caches into the GPS's, printed out the log sheets, grabbed our SWAG, flashlights, etc., etc., etc. 21 caches northbound and 12 southbound. We got kind of a late start but were on our way and EUREKA! found our 1st one of the day. It's always nice to find the first one on a list. #2 was just as easy, as was #3, then we accidentally drove past a couple cause we missed the off ramps, found a couple, then we couldn't find 1...2... geez 3! By this time it's getting pretty warm and we haven't eatn in 5 hours and I feel a migraine coming! OH NO!!! We call it quits on the last 6ish and go to eat. We inhaled sodas and food, I was 2 pills in and the girl is so very patient and loving, it helps so much in "mind over matter" of willing the pain away. We tried for one right after food but we were just done... for now. We went ahead and did some shopping. I found what I needed for mom and we were on flip flop hunts for ourselves. Got a few things for the kittenbabies, got me some ice cream which did wonders for me :) Walked around a little more, took our time and as the sun went down, I was feeling better, so was she and we were ready to try a few more. We were at 9 finds for the day and we needed 11 to get to 50 finds overall. Headed toward one but ants kept us from digging in those bushes. Loaded the next one but crows can fly over curbs and fences, we can't (took some wrong turns) so we tried again and FINALLY found this one no problem. The next one... got it and this continued on. It was dark and some of the areas weren't smart to pull off so we would skip them but any gas station find or rest stop was ours :) So we pulled near some grapevines and that was our last find of the night to give us a total of 17 finds for the day putting us at 56 overall. It was a really awesome day and so so SOO much fun. We rolled back into town about 11:30pm, showered, played with the kittens and crashed out for the night.

Sunday we woke up pretty tired but I still needed to figure out what desserts I was going to make for Mother's Day. I finally settled on a Strawberry Lime Cake and Alix made Lemon Cheesecake bars... mmm. They both came out really good and were a hit. I also made an Asian Chive dip with some cucumbers, one of my favs. It was a pretty nice day, I bought some wrong sizes for my mom but overall she loved everything and is looking forward to going shopping now that she has some returns to do :)

When we came home last night, it was kinda hard for me to believe that the whole weekend was gone already. Sheesh that was super fast. That's okay, I'm ready to work for the weekend again!

No comments: