Monday, May 08, 2006

5 hours of things I could have done instead.

Today my boss called and said he needed me to drive to Long Beach because he forgot his H2S tubes for the 900 wells he is testing. So I had to drive down Hwy 99 to I-5 to the 710 then back up the 710 to the 405 to the I-5 to the 99 to the 58 home. I made record time down there, which in L.A. traffic terms means it would be a shit drive home. Actually it only took me an extra 40 minutes. Not too bad considering I was on the brink of 5' o clock traffic near LAX.

Anyways, sitting in some traffic near Hollywood Blvd. I was thinking of things I could have been doing instead, here's what I came up with:

1. Sleeping - Sleeping would basically be at the top of any of my lists. I value it highly.
2. Shopping at IKEA - I couldn't believe I drove past 2 and didn't get to stop at either. Should be against the law.
3. Organizing the house - Lord knows, we've been so busy, 5 hours could get a lot of boxes unpacked.
4. Watching TV - 5 hours of TV may sound like a lot but we just got cable back, so I feel like I have a lot to catch up on.
5. I guess working - I had a lot of typing to do but it will still be there tomorrow and I got paid regardless, so no harm there.
6. Planning an intergalactic war on the peapod men - Really, it's time someone stood up to those bullies, I'm tired of them thinking they're all superior and stuff.

About here is when I realized, I needed to pay closer attention to traffic and laughing at the peapod men was getting me no where.

Hope everyone had a good 5 hour afternoon!

No comments: