Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Creating ones space

I have given myself a task. I hate to call it a New Years' Task but it is what it is. As I look around I see my everyday, isn't so everyday. I have a new house on the way, new babies (on their way) to spoil and a whole new family (team) of girls in just a few short weeks.

Coaching has taught me a lot. Funny because you would think the coach does all the teaching. I think this holds true for any position that works with children. The teacher becomes the student and the student becomes the teacher... with this circle being neverending, we can always learn something new from younger people. I just hope this years lessons aren't as trying mentally as last years.

Our new house represents more than just a place to live. It will be a space of creativeness to grow. It will house many feelings and ideas. I've been dreaming about my space in the house, to do with what I please. How it will center me, how it will comfort me, how it will allow me to be me.

I love to see new life, although I do not plan any of my own, I enjoy a new baby just as much as the next person. The idea of developing a whole new human is so intriging. Watching them grow and finding things so brand new everyday, things we so easily take for granted. Teaching me how to smile and enjoy a good cartoon. That's what kids do best, smile and enjoy life.

2 little things, sometimes, I don't think I do enough. I know I have been better about it but I'm still not where I want to be. I'm leaving out important parts of me that make me smile. My self accomplishment has become slim. I look forward to more self accomplishment and it will make my self worth double in stock, you can't argue those numbers...

Happy New Year to you and your self worth.

No comments: