Thursday, February 10, 2011

"I'll add him to my list"

Superbowl Sunday was this past weekend and that means "mini" reunion time for my family. 35 people came over and as much as I would have liked for Tee to make it, she ended up having one of her longest days ever so she had to sleep the Superbowl away. It was so great so see so much of my family and cousins and babies! I just love the babies! I was coming down the hall and this little one saw me coming, stood up on her newly shaky legs and put her arms up for me to pick her up. UM OKAY!!! She is adorable. She is my cousins daughter and I can't remember her name at this moment but she was my new best friend. I had to ask another cousin who I was holding LOL She gives hugs and kisses and kid giggles and smiles and my heart is melting all over again just thinking about her little hands on my cheeks. *sigh* Anyway, focusing, that was a tangent!

So the night comes to a close and sadly as we grow older many prayers are needed for sickly, chronic or troubled times in life for many family members or friends. I learned something about my dad this night. Something that brings tears to my eyes every time I think about that moment in the driveway. A long time friend was saying her goodbyes and she asks my parents to "keep her brother" in their prayers, he's in a lot of pain and has lived 3 years longer than they thought. My dad quietly said, "I will add him to my list." My mom chimes in, "he isn't kidding. EVERY night he says prayers for me, Audrey, some people at work and anyone who asks. He spends 10 minutes saying prayers and reciting things for people that have asked him to. Sometimes when I go to bed before him and I hear him come in, I open one eye and I see him on the side of the bed saying all his prayers and it brings tears to my eyes every night." My dad just kinda shrugged his shoulders and said, "it's the least I can do and God answered my most important one."

We all got quiet because we knew it was for my mommie. *tears* I have the most amazing parents.

No comments: