Monday, February 28, 2011

Hers vs. Hyrs Littleism #2

Okay so my dyke did the most amazing thing for me yesterday. Scratch that, she did a lot of amazing things for me but one the amazing things she did was "assembling" my birthday cheesecake. I am/was perfectly fine with making my own birthday cake. Her surprise to me was wanting to try and do it and I don't care if the thing never set and I had to drink it, it still would be the best cake I've ever had. She isn't exactly a baker, she is my strong willed, fix anything with tools, build me a shelf, take care of her girl and make sure her girl feels safe and loved kinda woman and I LOVE that about her. So for her to step outside of her comfort zone and want to do this for me, just meant the world to me. The purpose of this post actually wasn't JUST to dote over how amazingly awesome she is though. The funniest things happened yesterday while she was in the kitchen.

We learned 2 things:
1) The reason I'm so "fucking" strong isn't because of my workouts but because I bake so much. Apparently while mixing, she found her arm got a little tired (I'm still laughing hysterically because her face was so priceless)
and 2) There is different terminolgy when a girl is in a kitchen and a dyke is in a kitchen.

I wanted to blog some of those terms just because it's fun and funny.

Me - I would say follow the recipe
She would say follow the directions

I say Cookbook
She says Manual

I say springfoam pan
She says cake pan (they are all cake pans btw, there is not a difference)

I say cake tester (toothpick or the metal cake tester I have)
She sees cake tester and thinks hammer
*I believe she would have crushed the cookies this way too but I use a magic bullet, call me old fashioned

I say hand mixer
She wants to put the beater in her drill, like a drill bit to mix it (and actually did it)

It really was an awesome adventure with her and really made my birthday special. Little things matter, making a cake for someone says so much. It was made with love and the cutest determination and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it. Thank you my <3


2 comments:

Lori said...

This so full of Awwwwwwwwww!

Audrey said...

*giggles* I'm glad you enjoyed it Lori :o)