Monday, September 03, 2007

Welcome to California

So bringing the new girl into town is an event unto itself. It just so happened that Friday morning, the 31st, had a HUGE change of events. Magically Alix didn't have to move afterall and now had the entire weekend open... so by 3:00pm that afternoon we had her booked on a flight to be in BFL by 1:00am. SWEET! She was now going to be here for Pride and a little family gathering on Sunday.

I found us a hotel room for the weekend and put plans into motion. She was now going to be able to meet my friends... and my family. So far, all the family I have shared with have been very supportive of me. I'm lucky to have such an awesome family. I knew they would welcome her in the same way. Pride went off wonderfully, we had a great time and somehow, she got hooked into taking care of filler music between bands. Computers and music being her thing, she was pretty much at ease... once we got all our shit figured out :) Thanks again baby, everyone really appreciated it. She also helped me in the beer booth. That was fun within itself. It could have been 10 deg cooler but overall it was a great Pride and I can't wait to get started for next years :)

Sunday eve brought us to a small family bbq. I say small and that falls somewhere between 10-15 people. No big deal... well unless your family consists of 5. Alix walked in, smiled and I started to make the rounds with names. My uncle welcomed her in with a big hug, it was great and made me smile so big inside. We had a great time and she fit right in. My best friend of 16 years loved her and was glad to see me so happy, giving me 2 big thumbs up :)

*sigh* as always it went to fast but each time we get closer and it becomes more *wow.*

I look forward to all the "wows" of the future and key cards that won't work after one use... *wink* Thanks again baby.

No comments: